Now available in Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Norway, Poland and Italy !
BACK IN STOCK !
THE AQUILA HAS EVOLVED !
- Upgraded battery
- Software update and interface change
- Higher quality capacitive screen
- New orientable suction cup
a GPS MADE for gliding
The Aquila was developed by a team of gliding enthusiasts striving to offer an affordable navigation aid, which is performant and upgradable, in order to assist you during your cross-country flights
|Dimensions||135 x 85 x 12 mm|
|Battery life||2 h|
|Screen||5 ‘’ Capacitive – Anti-reflective – Sunlight Readable|
|Resolution||800 x 480 pixels|
|Integrated GPS chip||Yes|
|USB||Mini USB 2.0 Port – USB OTG|
|Link with other devices||Bluetooth (LX, ERA, Flarm…)|
|Jack plug 3.5mm||Yes|
|External memory||Micro SD port|
|Operating system||Android 6.0|
|Navigation software||XC Soar preinstalled|
Inflight with the AQUILA
high brightness screen
No more visibility problems inflight !
Good readability under sunlight was our major criteria in the conception of the GPS
This is why Aquila is equipped with a high quality sunlight readable screen which complies with brightness, contrast and anti-reflection requirements
High brightness sceen
5 inches 800×480
high performance and upgradable device
No more unexpected phone blackouts while preparing your final glide
Aquila was made to resist the high temperatures experienced in the cockpit
The combination of Android and XCSoar makes the GPS upgreadable : it will accompany you during your long years of flying
XC Soar preinstalled
Processor 1.3 Ghz
RAM 1 GO
ROM 16 GO
" A reliable GPS suitable for gliding "
Very good GPS for cross country flights. It is an excellent alternative to the Oudie with a reduced price.
The brightness is stunning, it looks similar or better than the LX9000. It is perfectly readable regardless of its position.
The GPS signal is excellent, no signal loss and a very accurate position and GPS altitude.
I think that this GPS equipped with an external batterie is suitable for club and competition flying.
For those who want a reliable GPS suitable for gliding, I highly recommend this product.
" Finally an affordable and ready to use GPS ! "
Positive points :
- The screen brightness is excellent ! Even in bright sunlight it remains clearly readable
- Versatile. As it runs on Android, it is possible to choose different kind of navigation app. I kept XC Soar for gliding and I also installed other apps for VFR navigation.
- A good suction mount. It is
- Connectivity : The Gps has Bluetooth and WIFI. it allows to install apps directly from the Google play store and also to connect it to other instruments in the glider. I am able to get baro and flarm infos. I control my LX1600 with the Aquila.
- The micro SD socket
Negative points :
- The battery : I was able to fly 2 hours with the gps but for longer flights you need an external battery
In summary, it is a great, easy to use and affordable GPS. It allows me to save my smartphone.